Home > General > Scrss.exe

Scrss.exe

The file itself has no problem, it is a system process usually enabled manually... Can I copy csrss.exe from another computer to mine? The fake should be below that. Jonathan C.

white hat csrss.exe is the main executable for the Microsoft Client/Server Runtime Server Subsystem. RichMobile Client Server Runtime Process (csrss.exe) - From Microsoft Corporation (A standard-process from Windows, the link is for Win 2000 but its the same in Win XP) See also: Link Crowner I know the file is needed by windows, but the needed file can be infected so the required file is in fact a virus. Stanislavs I suggest to allways have a backup ghost image of your hardisk. http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/csrss/

The file initially looks like an image or screen saver (.SCR) file. The second should be located in Windows\winsxs\~. Will CSRSS.EXE (all caps) was causing me problems. My computer just keept restarting every time i log on to Windows!

If csrss.exe is located in the Windows folder for temporary files, the security rating is 70% dangerous. I say reinstall/reset if your computer is running slow on startup. GOOD LUCK... There is no file information.

TechPro5238 if found in C:\windows\config\ then it is harmful. easy to fix, danm. be careful if deleting manually as the real one is an important file needed on your pc... http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/289062-csrss-exe-trojan.html Work notebook has this on it using zero % cpu - home notebook does too but after installing Panda Internet Security - home notebook's csrss.exe cpu usage went to 20% causing

See also: Link SuperMan I am convinced I was infected by csrss.exe by install the win2k sp4 downloaded from microsoft. Use freeware reg run reanimator to find it. In AIT we have this file runing all the time so it can't be all bad, but it you need more speed feel free to close it. Therefore, please read below to decide for yourself whether the csrss.exe on your computer is a Trojan that you should remove, or whether it is a file belonging to the Windows

Photoshop is using 75% memory, csrss.exe is using the rest 25%, so I'm at 100% !!! http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/mse-protect_scanning/is-csrssexe-a-safe-process/26bba20c-2691-4d42-bec4-637436c53c4f Is csrss.exe CPU intensive? This is the worst virus for slow dial-up, since it can catch you before you can protect yourself. three drive image backups on external hard drive didnt have it, therefore it was not legit.

Process related issues are usually related to problems encountered by the application that runs it. every time i restart james Client/Server-RUntime sto You are so dumb adul, It is true that CRSS.EXE is a file being used by windows to run properly but, viruses or worms Unfortunatly i allowed it in the caution windows from the anti-virus. not important i think.

So when my computer [pauses] like that, it is sending Logged keystrokes to some little jerk some where huh. WEFWEFWEFWEFWEF If the file is located in windows system file, then it is legitimate. My firewall blocked it. did you tray to kill that process?

Thanks to Emrico1 & an EventID 108 from ati2mtag See also: Link IcI I know that I have two of these files when I bring up the task manager. Hope this helps See also: Link Ovidiu CRISU csrss.exe is main exe. Just a Windows process, there isn't a matter !

However do not delete it from the windows folder.

However, I was experiencing 100% CPU load when working in MS Excel. Mark S. Download and install updates for the operating system. Still the problem exists.

csrss.exe is a windows system level file frinitely. Any advice? PV2 Brewer copy itself mshhour slman ibn sleem Csrss (Client Server Runtime SubSystem) is safe if in your system32 folder. Multiple copies of a process in your task manager may indicate the presence of a virus or Trojan.

Added by the BUCHON.A WORM! It made my computer nearly freeze so i dont know wath went wrong. Example: erase_me923925 . Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.

I've been blocking it. having network problems. The process goes to 100% when a Google link is tried. The program is not visible.

got modem replaced no luck. I have a laptop with a NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5650 (video card and/or driver name). See also: Link nafiton smith This is the Windows client server run-time subsystem that handles Windows and graphics functions for all subsystems. Since most applications store data in your system's registry, it is likely that over time your registry suffers fragmentation and accumulates invalid entries which can affect your PC's performance.

get started Process Library HomeProcess DirectoryBlogAboutHomeProcess DirectoryBlogAboutHomeProcess DirectoryBlogAbout csrss.exe Click here to run a scan if you are experiencing issues with this process.